Saturday, February 16, 2008

Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf?


It turns out Kate is. I got her The Three Little Pigs book recently, and she's woken up in the middle of the night several times now, worried about the big, bad wolf. We keep telling her we live in a brick house, but she is still scared. Oops. I plan to hide the book away today, in hopes that she will forget all about it.

We went to Agua Caliente park last week for the first time. I had no idea there was a park with a pond and ducks so close to us. Kate and Claire loved it. We wandered as far away from the park personnel as possible before feeding the ducks an entire sleeve of saltines (there were a lot of signs about not feeding the water fowl), and Kate even shared Claire's goldfish crackers with the ducks.

Claire has a new word: puffs. It doesn't come out perfectly, but it's understandable, which is impressive considering she has the flu and is very lethargic and whiny. I think she's going to be a linguist.

Kate is jumping. She has been trying to figure out how to get off the ground for ages, but has just now mastered it.

We are putting out house on the market next week. Next week! This does not leave much time for painting (which, by the way, my realtor said I didn't really need to do? Hmm), or anything else. Everyone is sick here, and Tim needs to work this weekend, so we'll see how much I can get done. There is a Lot to do. And I'm more than a little stressed out about how I'm going to have the house in a showable condition for the next couple of months. We are all going to be learning how to clean up after every single mess. The kids are going to HATE it.

It snowed yesterday, here in town. It didn't stick, but it was fun to watch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting pictures of Kate in her red, white, and blue shirt. It was fun to see her in that. We haven't been anywhere where you could feed ducks since we moved from Oregon. I've forgotten how much my kids loved that! I'll have to check around.
I can't believe that you guys might be us to putting a house on the market. James has been so swamped that it's still not done. At least it's empty and clean and I don't have to worry about living in it while it's being shown - yeah!! You have my sympathy!
It's amazing what kids are afraid of. Mykenzie and Jacob love Star Wars (at least 1-2, 4-6, I won't let them see #3 yet) and they love Sleeping Beauty even with the dragon scene, but they don't like The Land Before Time because of the Sharptooth! Go figure!
Can't wait to hear where you guys are going! Love and miss you!

Elizabeth said...

Oh wow. I cannot imagine putting a house up for sale and keeping it clean with two toddlers. It makes me feel sick to my stomach. But I am so excited you don't have to repaint! And your house is so adorable that I'm sure it will sell quickly!

I continue to be amazed by Claire's linguistical abilities.