Monday, February 25, 2008

Ooh-la-la

It's still a work in progress, but we are getting to the point where I am more comfortable with showing our house. Tim was a dear over the weekend, and put my priorities (moving furniture out of the house and into storage) over his (napping, drinking and yard work - don't get me wrong, he did accomplish the items on his list, but more on that later), and now our house looks so much bigger. Particularly our room, which lost his dresser and his night stand (whuh? you thought I would remove my furniture? Anyway, I gave him 2 drawers):



We made the den/guestroom back into just a den, and tidied things up a bit.

Kate's new old room.


As for the living room, not much has changed except the removal of several toys and the replacement of our old sofa with the futon. Painting, unfortunately, has taken a back seat to more important things like de-cluttering and raking. I am also working on closet space, so I can toss extra toys out of sight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house looks GREAT! I so wish mine looked half as organized and neat! Also, I LOVE the new picture of you on the side of the blog - GORGEOUS!! I also checked out more of the pix from Dec. on Flickr - I hadn't seen most of them and you've reinspired me to try to take more pix in black and white. I always forget to use that setting on my camera and they're so great!
Don't know how you have so much energy, but I wish I could borrow some. Hope to find time to talk soon.
Love you!

Katie said...

Wow. That looks REALLY clean. You can't even tell kids live there except for that one toy in the living room. Amazing!

Andrea and Ben said...

Very impressive! You guys have been hard at work. I would have (if I could have) been drinking beer while doing the chores if I were Tim!

Elizabeth said...

I think you were generous to give him two drawers.

Your house looks fabulous. I loved the pictures.

I agree with Carrie -- your new picture is awesome! And I really liked the old one! Aren't you supposed to look haggard with two kids?

Jen said...

Thanks! The house is looking pretty good, if I do say so myself. Of course, I have not yet shown you my storage locker...which I will do soon.

The picture is a new one from last weekend's trip to Dining Out. It's rare that I get dressed up, so I had to have Tim take a new picture of me for the blog!