- Claire hit a growth spurt and a teething episode at the same time.
- Cheri's sister's plane crashed on takeoff in Africa, causing much stress for all. All on board are miraculously okay and are recovering in Nairobi.
- Tim and I realized that time in Arizona is getting short and we need to find a house in Vegas very soon.
- The house we wanted there is back on the market. Don't even get me started.
- Kate learned to lock all the bedroom doors in the house, much to my dismay.
- With four adults in the house to watch over the children, Kate somehow managed to find a glass jar, drop it on the tile, begin playing amongst the shards, while Claire tried to eat one of the bigger pieces, just as I came rushing around the corner to investigate the crash of breaking glass.
- Cheri went shoe shopping for the girls and they now have more shoes than I do. (Thanks, Mom!)
- Claire increased her vocabulary by at least 3 words a day.
- Tim and his parents put crown moulding up on our fireplace to hide the ghetto caulk and paint splatters.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
Tim's parents arrive tomorrow for a week, so we'll be out and about enjoying the sunshine.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Jess and I went to a park across town today, intending to let the girls run through the sprinklers, but the water wasn't on yet (apparently mid-April is not considered warm enough for water parks in Tucson?). We ended up on the slides instead, which was probably just as fun, and really a lot more comfortable, seeing as it cooled down to the low-80s today, and there is quite a bit of wind.
Sharing oranges yesterday, Claire shows off her new trick: scrunched shoulders.
Monday, April 14, 2008
But what I was talking about was popsicles! Ooey, gooey, drippy, messy popsicles. You should have seen Kate's eyes light up at the mere mention of them. She snapped right out of a meltdown. It was really quite amazing. Claire had never had a popsicle before. She rather enjoyed it.
Hey! What happened to my popsicle?
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Sunday, April 06, 2008
Saturday, April 05, 2008
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
The reason the leather house got its name: the upstairs walls were wallpapered in leather, complete with brass tacks like you see on sofas. Hmmm.
The Providence house. In case you were getting worried about our income level: we did find some very nice homes. This is a favorite.
The view from the balcony of the greenbelt house. Also a favorite.
I wish I could tell you that we have a house. You know how the housing market is horrible? And how Las Vegas has the highest foreclosure rate of any place in the country? Well, the house we want already has two buyers ready to bid on it. It is a foreclosure, and people like us are sensing an incredible deal. We are putting in a bid, but probably won't know if we won until next week. We're hoping Really Hard that we get it, because the house we like second best is also not likely to be on the market for much longer. So much for the housing crunch, at least for our home-buying experience. Our home-selling experience, now there we are feeling the housing crunch. Bonus.