Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I'm Amazed



It worked. If you spill candle wax on your carpet, try this:




I have to admit that I was skeptical as I scraped excess wax from the carpet, Kate's crib, and her sheets. But after ironing the hell out of the fabric and rug, the wax disappeared. The color was still there, so I tried my version of denatured alcohol - rubbing alcohol. Not sure if that's what they meant, but it seemed to do the trick. It worked better on the carpet than on the fabric - the wax came out of the sheets, but the color seems to have lingered a little. I'm going to try washing them and hopefully they'll be as good as new. As for the walls, I'm going to try a Magic Eraser this afternoon, but if that doesn't work I'll have to repaint. I refuse to iron the walls, mostly because I don't think it will work and will be more of a pain than actually painting.


On another note, has this been the longest week EVER? Maybe it's just me. And the fact that I'm to be induced on Friday and it can't come soon enough. It's a good thing we've got this birth scheduled, because I don't think this kid has any intention of coming out on her own any time soon.


Some good news, though: Kate has her appetite back. Poor kid is trying to make up for lost time, I think. She's shoving fruit puffs and dried apples into her mouth as fast as she can. I wonder if she'd even eat some meat sticks....nah. She does, however, like chocolate chip cookies. Go figure.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try getting some "Goof Off" (it usually comes in a yellow container with red writing) and using it on the stained part of the fabric. I used it to get red candle wax off of a white runner and it worked. I can't believe that my new niece will be here in only 2 more days! I can't wait to get the call from you! We love you guys!

Katie said...

Wow! I can't believe that worked on the carpet. I'm going to try it on mine!

I keep thinking about you and this Friday. I have another friend getting induced tomorrow. Very exciting! We will all be thinking of you and dying for pictures! I wish you a GREAT epidural!

Also, where do you get dried apples?

Andrea and Ben said...

It looks great!! Gotta love the internet, you can find anything on here :0)

Jen said...

Katie, thanks for the well-wishes. I hope it goes well and FAST! My friend Jill said hers was great - she went in at 1130, got her epi, they broke her water at 1200 and the baby came after 3 contractions at 530pm - not bad!

Dried apples: Gerber makes some that I find at the commissary in the baby aisle (they are freeze-dried, and they also have bananas, pineapple, strawberries and corn), and we also give Kate some that Tim's grandma dried at home. You can also get that kind on the fruit aisle near the raisins.