Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Get Out, Please Get Out

I think it was not such a great thing that Kate was born 2 1/2 weeks early. Having that happen on your first pregnancy lulls you into a sense of happiness at the thought of delivering all future babies early. After all, as my doctor said last week, history has a tendency to repeat itself. But, the baby is not here. She is still cozy snug in my gigantic belly, and it's time for her to get out. I have become crabby and irritable (I hope this is just a new thing and hasn't been present all pregnancy) and am tired of lugging her around. At least after she is born, her father can carry her sometimes. I am particularly aggravated right now because it is naptime and Kate is either teething again or won't sleep because she has a cold. Could be both. But because her sister is a large lump on my stomach, I can't rock Kate to sleep and get some zzz's as well. I've tried just about everything I can think of to induce labor, and none of it has worked. If I had the energy I would rent an aerobics video and start doing some step. Unfortunately all I feel like doing is napping, and Kate is ... just now cooperating. Woohoo, naptime for me.

4 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

This calls for a chat with a grandma! They are always good at that kind of advice....that is until they tell you to make whoopie with your darling, then it gets awkward :0)

Katie said...

okay...this will sound weird, but try to visualize your cervix opening up...say "open open open" and picture it happening. It sounds gross, but I think it sent me into hard and fast labor!

Anonymous said...

I have a couple of friends in Oregon who swear by eating Mexican food and drinking castor oil. Here's a website that lists some old wives tales for starting labor: http://www.storknet.com/cubbies/pregnancy/owt2.htm
We can't wait to get the phone call that she's on her way or she's here!

Jen said...

Thanks for the laughs (especially Katie, but I WILL try it!). The Caribbean Jerk hot sauce at Buffalo Wild Wings didn't do it over the weekend, nor did the pedicure that I swore worked last time. And I hope Tim's mom won't tell me to get busy with her son...that's always awkward. ;-)