Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Doctors, Doctors, Doctors

We have had enough trips to doctor's offices and hospitals in the past week than I would care to have in a year. Kate is now much better, although they still aren't sure what is wrong with her. Her fever is gone, but she has a 'borderline' UTI. The base doc switched medicines for her after her appointment there yesterday, and she woke up with a rash. Back to the doctor's again today for her.

I had my 37 week OB appointment yesterday and everything seemed fine except the baby wasn't moving much. So he sent me home to do some kick counts and told me to go to the hospital if she didn't move 10 times in 2 hours. She moved 3 times. To the hospital I went. This was the same time as Kate's doctor's appointment on base, so I drove myself to the hospital, and my sister met me there. They hooked me up to the monitors for about 2 hours, finally determining that she seemed fine and that I could go home.

We are all exhausted and tired of flourescent lights. Tim has been so helpful throughout this; I don't know how single moms do it. Kudos, Buji!

Since we've spent so much time visiting with hospital staff lately, there really hasn't been much else going on to report about. I did have a lovely time on Saturday with some friends who got together with me for lunch to celebrate the new baby - thank you all for coming! It is great to be surrounded by such a good group of people.

2 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

I hope things are looking up this afternoon. Sounds like a rough couple of days.

Katie said...

Oh Jen! I am so sorry about all this. Poor Kate, Poor You, Poor Tim. I hope you can stay at home for a while with no more doctors! I hope Kate feels better!