Sunday, January 14, 2007

No. No. Wait, I mean yes.

Kate's got a new word: no. She learned it last week when we tried to feed her several types of medicine many times each day. She began by shaking her head, and by the end of the week had added 'no' to the mix. Now it's 'no' to everything. Do you want milk? 'No.' Do you want to play? 'No.' She'll say 'nigh, nigh,' meaning she's tired, and then when you ask if she wants to go to bed, she'll say (everyone all together now) 'No.' I have to give her credit, it's a very cute 'no'. She hasn't yet learned to say it loudly and forcefully, violently shaking her head. I'm sure that will come soon.




Us, we're enjoying the weekend. It's sunny but cold (20* when we woke up this morning). For lunch Tim fed Kate some V8 Picante - she loved it. And he somehow taught her to make a few new sounds while I was napping. She can say 'boom' (thunder from Mr. Brown Can Moo), make a 'smooch' sound, and cluck her tongue like someone knocking on the door. We took her to Buffalo Wild Wings last night for dinner, and she flirted with all the men around the table.



Here's a video of her laughing at me last week:


Click here to watch 'Mommy-is-so-funny'

Oh, and don't forget: tonight is the 2-hour premiere of '24'. Jack is back.

3 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

I LOVE the video! I can safely assume, a post and a comment means no baby yet.....I am bringing the jalapenos over tomorrow :0)

Jen said...

Sweet! I tried hot wings on Saturday in hopes, but no luck yet. Damn.

Elizabeth said...

I love it! At least she can say, "no," just in time to boss her little sister around!