Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Jen's Fun for Today

Mommy, are you going to clean up this mess?

Tim does bedtime with Kate most nights. He's come up with his own bedtime rituals for Kate, which include a bath, putting jammies on, brushing her teeth, taking her to her room and putting her in her crib for her story, lighting a candle, reading the story, saying their prayers with Lamb, tossing Bunny in and out of the crib at one another (while Kate laughs hysterically), and finally blowing out the candle. I used to think this last part was really cute; a unique thing that Tim did with Kate after she learned how to blow on things. Last night, however, there was an accident, and I think I may ban the candle-blowing ritual. According to Tim, Kate 'lunged' for the candle, he dropped it, and candle wax went everywhere. All over her nicely painted walls, all over her new butterfly sheet, all over her new butterfly dust ruffle and all over the carpet. And, as you can see, the wax was navy blue. Not white, not yellow, not lilac like her walls. Navy blue. Anyone have any suggestions for getting wax out of carpet, fabric and off a crib?





3 comments:

Katie said...

OH CRAP!!!! I have no idea. I still have wax caked on my living room rug from the time I almost poured hot wax on my 2 week old, so I'm not the best person to ask!

I think the bedtime ritual thing is SO cool. Kate is lucky to have such a cool dad!

Andrea and Ben said...

Put a paper bag over the wax, place a thin dish towel over the wax and iron it. It should stick to the bag. They also say rub ice cubes on the wax and it should pill away from the carpet. I would do the same with a paper bag on the sheets and the ruffle.

Elizabeth said...

Tim & Kate's routine is so sweet!

I had a similar incident and ended up replacing the carpet with tile. :( But I tried to scrub it out, which was a very bad idea.

See http://ask.yahoo.com/20040210.html.