Thursday, January 18, 2007

The End in Sight

It's farther away than I want it to be, but I have an induction date, and therefore the end of my huge belly draws near. Next Friday (I pleaded for tomorrow, this Friday, but to no avail) I am to report to the hospital for the birth of Kate's baby sister. My doctor asked me if I would like to schedule something, or just wait for her to arrive. I whipped my head around to look at Tim. Nothing there in his eyes to tell me he was opposed to it (I suppose he knows me well enough not to even think of it) so I said (emphatically) YES. My doc came back in a minute later to tell me that the earliest the hospital could do was next Friday, and would I be having an epidural? Um, hello, yes-thank-you-very-much. 'Well, you can just go ahead and get it right away if you like, or if you want you could wait through some of the pain.' I think my doctor might have been on meds today, he asked such silly questions. But, I have a date to plan for if she doesn't arrive early, and therefore I am a happier girl today.

5 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

Yay!! We will all be anxiously awaiting the news. I hope you will have a more restful weekend knowing this will be the last for this kiddo!

Katie said...

Wow! I can't believe they agreed to that without you being overdue or anything. They won't do that up here. I hope she comes before that, if you are ready! :) Otherwise, it must be nice to have an end-date in sight!

Jen said...

I think it might be the non-military docs that do that. Almost all of my friends have had the option to be induced early here, which is awesome. I am ready! Bring it on. =)

Lucy said...

Congratulations! I'm sending you something in the mail for the new baby girl!

Elizabeth said...

Hallelujah. I love Dr. Decker.