Monday, April 24, 2006

will flirt for food



Kate wants to try all the big kid food out there now. We've let her try a few things as we eat them, and now she wants it all. She gets this cute smile on her face, and tilts her head sideways, giving you this flirty look that she thinks will get her a taste of what's on your plate. And then she looks forlornly at you as you eat, begging with her eyes to just try one bite. Just one, Mom. It's so cute, but man does it make you feel guilty for eating in front of her! Last month we went walking around Reid Park, which is about 3 miles, and partway through we crossed the street to the mall because I had to pick up her photos. I had forgotten to bring any food with me and I was suddenly starving. It also happened to be her lunchtime, and she was obviously hungry. But if I fed her without eating (at the mall no less) I was going to pass out and what kind of a mom would do that? So I got a corn dog and yogurt and inhaled them. She sat in her stroller and just watched me with big eyes. It was so so sad. I felt incredibly guilty, but she didn't make a peep. She just gave me looks. She is going to be such a great manipulator when she gets older.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that look, head to side, eyes begging. She's going to get her way alot with that in her arsenal. ;-)

Looking good, Uncle Bob

Jen said...

She already does. Damn.