Thursday, April 20, 2006

keeping in touch with friends

As many of you know, I didn't care much for North Carolina. There were many reasons for this, probably some of the biggest being that I could not for the life of me find a job that suited me, it was freakin hot and humid, and it was my first time moving away from Seattle (for longer than the 6 months I lived in London). But, as I have mentioned in a previous post, the mind is a silly, fickle thing, and one often forgets the strife and pain of previous circumstances when looking back in time. What makes it so easy to forget about the negatives of my time spent in NC is mostly by knowing that I met some amazing people while we were there. I have had 2 fun phone calls in the past 2 days to remind me of this - Tabitha called today, and Heather called yesterday. And I really have to give Heather some credit because I think she went to great lengths to find me. Way to go, Heather! And way to go Tabitha (and Kevin, wink wink)... Also, congratulations to Samantha and Robert on their second beautiful baby boy, Charlie!

Other than phone calls, there really hasn't been much going on here to call home about. It's sunny, in the 80s. The pool is open. You should come visit. Kate says so. And that about wraps it up for today. I leave you with more photos of baby girl, smiling and telling me she's going to crawl soon.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I totally understand the whole hindsight thing. I always look back on past assignments as so great, when I didn't think so at the time. Strange, isn't it?

Jen said...

It is. This one we like though, so I'm hoping we won't get screwed and have to move early!

Anonymous said...

It wasn't too hard to find you! I had been thinking about you guys lately and was wondering what was going on. I had a hard time trying to find you via the "First Command" webpage because you weren't an agent any more!!! You sure make things hard!!! Glad we are back in touch!!!

Heather