Thursday, April 27, 2006

other mothers: take no offense


I have the cutest baby in the world! We took Kate to the Picture People last weekend for her 7mo photos. I have tired of JC Penny's backgrounds, and she hasn't wanted to smile for them lately, so we shook it up a bit and went to the mall for pictures this month. Holy expensive, but man did they turn out cute! Lucky for her, she got Tim's photogenic gene.



















I noticed something funny about a month ago: the butts of all Kate's stuffed animals are getting 'worn' and look very slobbered-on. She likes to chew on the tags of her toys, and those tags happen to usually be on the butt of the animal. It's kind of funny...and surely something she will not enjoy being teased about later!





I also have to welcome Kate's newest cousin: Haddie Joy! Haddie was born on Monday, and she's a cutie. She's currently in the NICU at OHSU as they try to figure out what is causing some problems. Lots of prayers for you guys, Tom & Sheila.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow are those pictures cute! I will have to take Eric there, we haven't had his pictures taken since he was about 2 months old!!! That is so funny about the tags, Eric LOVES the tags on everything! He finds them first, even the ones sewed on the fabric- of the exersaucer, bouncy- and even the little one on Carter's clothes! So funny!

Anonymous said...

I'm seeing the red hair more and more. I always thought the red hair in the family was from Sheila's side, maybe not.
What a great looking kid.
Uncle Bob.

Jen said...

Thanks! I have red hair on my side, too. I think my great-great grandmother had auburn hair? Not sure. In any case, it sure looks red when she wears green.

Katie said...

Very cute pictures! how often are you having professional ones done?

Jen said...

We've done every month so far & will do that until she's one. A friend told me to not do too many family ones because when we have other children, then you'll want to replace them with ones of the new family. So we've mostly done just Kate with a few of us too. Penny's is pretty good, but the Picture People were very good.