Sunday, April 09, 2006

teething and a cold? at the same time?

Are you kidding me? Kate now has her first full-blown cold. And when I stated earlier that she was crabby, I had no idea... Poor kid. She sounds so cute, though, all stuffed up. Parents are so mean, huh?

We took her to my sister's house last night for a few hours, so we could go to a wine-tasting party. Poor Jess. Poor Kate. I guess there was a lot of crying (Kate, not my sister), and not much sleeping. Which continued throughout the night. Actually, Tim was able to take her out of her carseat and put her into her crib when we got home, all without her waking up. I didn't think that was possible. She must have been really tired. She didn't wake up until 2am, I think because the tylenol had worn off. Tim got her back to sleep, and she was good for another few hours, but then didn't want to take her morning nap this morning. So goes it on this lovely weekend. But she's sleeping now!

Us, we're just up to the usual. Painting the living room, working in the yard. Nothing too exciting. Last night was fun, though! We got to see friends of ours from Korea that we hadn't seen in about a year. And more importantly, we got to drink wine.

2 comments:

Katie said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL picture of y'all! Kate is adorable. I'm sorry she's crabby and sick. HOW THE HECK did you have her sleeping so well before? Email me with the details, because mine? No way. The night you just described is our usual.

Jen said...

Thank you - she looks like a boy, but still looks so cute in that Hog Wild onesie. I'll email you about the sleeping...