Friday, April 07, 2006

entering the 21st century?


So I guess everyone has a blog, right? Since our website is up for renewal, a friend of mine (Katie D) recommended we start a blog instead of continuing with our website. Now, if only my blog will be as hip and funny as hers...then maybe this new path will work out.

In any case, I'll start by posting some recent photos of our daughter, affectionately known (to me) as Chubsy. We're in the process of trying lots of new foods (hence the nickname - she has a 'healthy appetite'), but she doesn't like all of them...for example: peaches. They make her blink. And say 'aaaah, aaaah' a lot. It's really pretty funny, but she makes such horrible faces that I think we're going to hold off on peaches for awhile. I don't want her to hate peaches for the rest of her life. I guess my step-sister tried papaya at this age and hated it. And still hates it. So, peaches will wait. But she does want to try everything, especially drinking out of a big girl cup.



A couple of weeks ago we took her to the Frog & Firkin. Yes, that is a bar. We took our baby to a bar. Where we fed her lemons (I know, no citrus before 12mo), and let her drink out of a big girl cup. But she loved it, and we didn't let her have any beer, so I think we're not such bad parents.

So for the moment, that is what is new with us. Please leave a comment, and let us know what you think of our new mode of communication!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool website. Jill

Katie said...

Blogging is FUN! Kate is adorable! She is very photogenic. Our baby's first dinner out was at a SMOKY bar. Way to go Daddy. I was freaking out "you're letting our 2 week old breathe in smoke?" But, then I ordered a beer and chilled out about it. I hope she isn't scarred for life!

Anonymous said...

Great site, Jen! KATE IS THE CUTEST BABY EVER! Sorry, to all you other moms and dads out there, but Kate is the cutest. It's just so.
Niki