Saturday, April 08, 2006

teething is no fun for anyone

I think Kate is teething. I thought she was teething starting about 3 months ago because she started drooling like crazy, but now she's added crabbiness and it stinks! Crabby and needy. She used to sleep from about 6:30pm to 7am. Now she wakes up several times before 10pm, crying this horrible screech that is just the right pitch to break glass and your sanity. Last night she woke up at like 4am, and then at 5am, and then again around 6:30am. And I am tired. I have been spoiled with this whole go to bed before 7pm thing for months, and now she's back to waking up all the time. Maybe she'll get all her teeth at once and we won't have to deal with this again. Ha. Please, parents, tell me this is short-lived.

Lucky for her, she's cute, and we can't really hold it against her. She makes great faces when trying new foods:















Giving her a dill pickle was one of the funniest things we've done with her (to her?). Make sure you always have the camera on hand when you give a baby new foods.

On a different topic...I love Netflix. We've had them for years, and always thought it was one of the best things ever. But I don't know if it's our local distribution center or Netflix in general (anyone??) - we've gotten so many damaged DVDs lately. Is it that Blockbuster employees are sabotaging the discs in an effort to put Netflix out of business? Aah, conspiracy. Or is Netflix just not living up to my idea of how great it is?

To end on a positive note. Let me think. Oh, yeah. It's supposed to be sunny and 88 this weekend. A little warm for my taste, but we just got a pool cover and are hoping that this will help warm the frigid waters enough to get in it this month. Yahoo! It's almost pool season...which means I need to start running.
I think spring break is over for most of you, but it would be great if you'd come visit, even for just a weekend! The weather is wonderful, and our backyard smells like heaven. We have this itty-bitty little lemon tree that we will probably never see lemons from, and it has these amazing blossoms that smell like Hawaii. So come on down and visit and let us share a little bit of heaven with you!

No comments: