Wednesday, April 12, 2006

tummy sleeping


Kate's newest favorite thing to do is to flip over onto her tummy. It's great that she is finally doing this, but now she's doing it at naptime, and it's kinda freaking me out. I know you're not supposed to put babies on their tummies when they go to sleep, but I guess it's okay if they get there themselves? I hope so! She seems to enjoy sleeping that way.

I had been worried that she was losing some of her rolls, but as you can see, she's still got em! Right on, baby girl.

Kate seems to have red hair when she's near green. I had noticed bits of red before, but I'd never put her against a green background before. Wow. She looks like her cousins! I wonder if she'll keep the red hair and blue eyes. I hope so - they are such a great combo.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Becca is rolling over and sleeping on her tummy too! I read that when they're able to flip themselves over you should just leave them! She sleeps so much better that way too!

I LOVE that green outfit. Also, love the pic in the toy basket. So cute!

Jen said...

Rolling over already! Kate's a slow learner when it comes to rolling over! Oh well. She seems to be catching up now.

The green outfit was mine when I was little. I love it! And it's perfect for this time of year.

Katie said...

You're kidding! Any outfits leftover from when I was a baby are horrific! That is still so cute....

I was an early walker (9 months) so I'm guessing Becca might be too. I am fairly certain that isn't something I should wish for!

Anonymous said...

I was so nervous when Eric started to do that too. Several times I would flip him back over, and the next time I looked, he would be back on his tummy! Finally I would let him go, and just check on him- often! But now I just let him go, they say if they can roll over, they are fine!