Sunday, January 18, 2009

According to Mary

I got my hair cut last week. Mary, my stylist, was taken aback by the fact that I do not know whether I am having a boy or a girl. She promptly demanded my ring, found some string, and performed the "baby gender" trick in which she swung the ring over my very large belly. According to Mary, I am having a boy. She also asked me if I had consulted my Chinese pregnancy calendar, which I had completely forgotten about, and which I have not consulted (if I wanted to know what I was having, I would have had several opportunities prior to this to actually find out).

I suppose I could take this opportunity to poll you all, however. Place your bets! Is it a boy or a girl?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I flipped a coin (a 2002 penny). My coin flip says girl. But, then I flipped it again, and now it says boy. I guess your baby's gender will remain a mystery. I LOVE little girls, but I'm rooting for a boy on this one.
Do the girls have opinions on this?
Niki

Anonymous said...

I can GUARANTEE one thing. It will be one or the other:-)
Mom

Jen said...

Niki - Kate was adamant at first that it was a girl. She clearly told me she did not want a brother. Now I'm not sure; she has said that it is a brother and a sister, depending on the day.

Mom - you said that last time. And you were right.

Anonymous said...

As long as she's not right about the brother AND sister, you're golden.
Niki

Elizabeth said...

Last time I was firmly convinced you were having a girl, which is the only time I have ever been right. Ever. This time, I am not so sure? Maybe it's because you are having a boy. Or maybe the distance is messing with my juju. So: I guess boy.

Deborah said...

My guess is a boy - not that I have a hunch or anything. I'm also curious as to what the Chinese pregnancy calendar says. It's been right on both of our angels. I think it's great you're having a surprise, either way!