Thursday, October 12, 2006

whatever you say, doc

I had my 24 week OB appointment this morning. I took Kate for the first time, and she did surprisingly well. She only glared at the nice doctor a few times. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat again, and he said I'm measuring exactly 24 weeks, so I'm doing fine. I feel HUGE. Not all of me, just my stomach. Everyone with more than one child has told me that they felt the same way after the first one. But, damn.

I'm only 24 weeks, which is supposed to be the 'comfortable' time in your pregnancy. Now is when you feel good! You are big, but not too big to be uncomfortable! Enjoy this honeymoon stage! I think they are full of it. I huff to put my shoes on (so I wear a lot of sandals, thank you Tucson), bump into things, and I've already entered the 'drop everything' stage. Did any of the rest of you go through this? It's not as bad as with Kate, but I can't hold on to much. I grab something and it falls through my fingers. I guess if that's the worst of my problems, I'm doing well.

Except for this:

This is what my kitchen looks like several times a day. Normally I think this is cute. But with each passing day when it gets harder to bend over comfortably, this mess is not so fun. Kate loves to remove things from drawers, as you can see. She has not yet learned the art of putting things back. Must. Teach.

Yesterday she helped me unload the groceries:


Oops, I dropped a box Mama. Can you pick that up for me?

I think we're going to be finding cans of soup and boxes of rice around the house for the next several months.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, MAN! I totally forgot about dropping things. I totally did that. Did you know that a pregnant woman's brain shrinks by 8 percent!?? HELLO! Freaky.....

Is it hard to pick up Kate?

Jen said...

It SHRINKS?! What the hell? Like I need that.

It's not really hard to pick her up, but it's no fun to carry her places. So now it's a matter of getting out the stroller everytime we go anywhere...uff.

Andrea and Ben said...

8%, huh? I always joke about how women lose something when they have babies and it is true (no I am not making fun seeing as I will be in that boat someday).
Kate looks like a GREAT helper!!