Tuesday, October 10, 2006

no, no, no, NOOOO!



It started out so nice, this morning did. It was 55 degrees outside - lovely weather - and I thought we should go walking around the neighborhood after having more pumpkin pancakes. Kate thought it was a good idea, too, especially since she got to dress up in a hat and mittens. It was cold outside, afterall. I put her sweater on her, slid on each mitten over those pudgy little hands, put her hat on, and set her down while I got the stroller ready. I was gone but a minute. But it was a quiet minute, and you moms out there know what that means. For Kate, this morning, it meant that she would find a new toy to play with. I mean she had new clothes on, so why not find a new toy, right?

The new toy:


Yes, that is Starbuck's litterbox. Notice the dirty mittens lying next to said litterbox. I came into the den to find Kate down on her knees digging through the cat's toilet. Treasure, Mama! I know there's treasure in here! AAAACK! All I can say is thank GOD she had mittens on.

Luckily the rest of the day has been less eventful. I hope to keep it that way.

2 comments:

Katie said...

AAAAH! At least she was digging with her gardening gloves on instead of with bare hands! She looks so cute in the hat and mittens!

Jen said...

Funny - gardening gloves. Yes, the hat and mittens are adorable. We'll have to spend time on the mountain this year just so she can wear them.