Friday, October 13, 2006

stress

Maybe I should stop drinking coffee. I just don't think I can do it, though. Love the stuff. But the stress is rising. I have just over 100 days left until the baby is born, and this is what Kate's new room looks like:


Not bad, you say. I would agree with you, for the most part. This room is currently the guestroom, and is mostly in order. However, it needs:

  • to be painted
  • to have the guest bed moved to the den
  • to have a crib ordered and placed in it
  • to have a set of shelves from the den painted and moved into it
  • to have Kate's stuff moved to it

In order to do many of those things, the den needs to be...organized.

This room is probably the source of most of my stress. It is a disaster. There's too much furniture for the room already, and we have to move the guest bed into it. This will be a challenge mostly because the desk you see cannot be moved. It weighs about 800 pounds, and for some reason Tim refuses to slide it down the wall a few feet. So, this room needs:

  • to be organized
  • to have some furniture removed, and put ??
  • to have the guest bed moved into it, and put ??

I have decided to have a garage sale next weekend to try to get rid of some of the stuff we don't use anymore. I have tired of giving stuff away. Afterall, I could make money off my junk. I'm positive.

Maybe I just need more coffee.

3 comments:

Katie said...

What, Kate can't sleep on a big bed yet? She won't roll off. I swear. Ha. Kidding.

Sell the guest bed and extra office furniture, buy a futon or foldaway couch for the office. Forget painting anything! That's my advice! :)

And definitely don't give up the coffee!

Jen said...

That bed IS a futon! It's just going to be a tight fit folded or unfolded.

Just bought paint...and now I'm going to go brew a pot of coffee. =)

Andrea and Ben said...

All I have to say is good luck!! Counting the days until Tucson :0)