Friday, October 27, 2006

busy? naaahhh.

I don't even know what I've been doing for the past week. We had a garage sale last Saturday (made $50 - worth it to me), went to the OSU v UA football game that evening, skipped Mango's Halloween party because we were too pooped, talked to new mommy Tabitha for 2 hours on the phone, went to the zoo, and prepped for the Dragon coffee I hosted last night. I guess that should explain where I've been. My apologies to my 2 faithful readers.

Congrats to Kevin and Tabitha on their new baby girl, Natalie, born 18 October in Germany. The family is doing well, after a crazy birth. Tabitha, you're a trooper! (here we go again, blogger. I have a cute photo of Natalie but the website won't let me upload it right now - next post.)

This morning we had our first mom's morning out co-op. Eight of us moms have gotten together, and with the help of Dana have begun a babysitting co-op at the chapel on base. Each Friday for 2 hours, 2 moms watch all the kids and the rest of us go and do ... whatever we want. It's heaven. Today was not my day to babysit. =) I went to the BX (by myself, where I tried on every long-sleeved maternity top they carried and didn't like a single one of them), rode the road runner machine at the gym (by myself) and then went to the commissary (you guessed it, by myself). Kate was not as happy as I was (she had to skip her morning nap to go to MMO), but she survived, and even made her first piece of artwork.




Next Friday I will be one of the babysitters. We will see how that goes...

Here are some photos of days in the life of Kate over the past week:

Do these boots go with my dress?

1 comment:

Andrea and Ben said...

Cute pics!!! I cannot wait to be down there and meet Kate :0)