Wednesday, October 18, 2006

it's too quiet in here...

Just a little vacuuming. That's all I needed to do. That, and some mopping, and some dishes and some laundry and some putting toys away and some showering and and and -

I always think I can get little tasks done throughout the day, and usually I can get at least a couple done without Kate getting into too many things. But I had let the cat out of his room and started the vacuum cleaner (which freaks him out) and he and Kate were awfully quiet... I think Starbuck is like Kate's practice younger sibling. I'm certain that they egg each other on: "You climb on the bed, Starbuck, and I'll dig through the garbage. Mom's out getting the mail."

Luckily, no garbage this morning. Kate has, however, discovered Kleenex.


I need a tissue, Mama.

Calling all moms: I have a question about naps. Kate is 13mo and is still taking 2 naps a day, the first about 45 minutes and the second about 1.5 hours (although this is getting shorter). These are great, and I want to keep them, but she has started waking up earlier in the morning, and this I do not wish to keep. When did your kids start taking just one nap a day? I think Kate is probably needing to start this big-kid schedule.

No comments: