Thursday, October 19, 2006

the downside of autumn

Political ads! They are so annoying! And so prevalent. I'm not sure if it's worse that we live in a state in which we cannot vote and are still subjected to stupid ads, or if it would be worse to actually live in the state in which we vote and end up hating all of the candidates there. Then there is the issue of the absentee ballots. Oregon's is nice and confusing. Are they all this way? I can't remember. I'm amazed at the number of initiatives on the ballot (10 for the state). And what will the legislature do if measures are passed that the state government doesn't agree with? Disregard 'em! Those silly voters: they don't know what they're doing. We'll do it our way instead. You know, I may not agree with all the laws out there, but there is a point to be made about state institutions following them, and the will of the people.

Now, more about Kate. You know how Al Roker on 'The Today Show' spends time outside with the people gathered there, waiting for their chance to be on TV and wave at their friends? Kate saw this this morning and went up to the TV and waved back. Adorable. They were waving at me, right Mom?

2 comments:

Katie said...

That's so funny that she was waving at the TV! Clever girl! I hate the political ads, too....

Andrea and Ben said...

AAAGHHH! I hate political ads. Maybe since I won't be anywhere long enough to care the small town ads irritate me more than most and that is all we seem to see these days.