Monday, October 16, 2006

stoopid

Cute photos of our adventures this past weekend, and stories to accompany them. That's what I have, and that's what I'm not posting this time because blogger sucks. How can it take 18 minutes for it to 'upload' my photo (singular photo) and then tell me that the page cannot be displayed? Stoopid.

It doesn't help that I had to run errands this afternoon, and unwisely chose to start with the post office. That place alone will make someone want to go postal. I guess that's why they came up with that term. Four boxes to mail, a child in an umbrella stroller and a belly out to Texas - that was us. Was there parking near the door? No, just 6 parking spots for handicapped folks surrounding the one ramp up over the huge curb. I had Kate carry one box (she did a great job), but still couldn't get all of them on one trip. So I wheeled us down to the ramp up over the curb and saw the long-ass ramp up to the front door. Great, I get to do this twice! How fun. Up we went. No wheelchair button to help all those poor souls who are on wheels actually open the door (umm, if you are in a wheelchair, or even if you're not, how are you supposed to open the door and get yourself and all your sh*t inside?), so I sort of pulled the door open with one semi-free hand, tried to keep it wedged open with a foot, awkwardly maneuvered the stroller and packages inside, where I set the 2 boxes I was able to bring that trip. Back out the door (I was sure someone was going to toss my boxes because they were left unattended), down the ramp, out to the car where the other 2 boxes were sitting on the roof. Tried to get Kate to carry one again, but these were too big and she looked at me like I was crazy, which I was by this point. Stuffed both large boxes under my arm and wheeled the stroller with the other hand back to the ramp. Repeat entire mess above, except this time I couldn't open the door and keep it open without dropping a box. Threw one box into the building (which actually got someone's attention - what, you can't get out of line for a minute and help someone open the door?? - and he watched me shove the stroller and box into the PO before the door slammed behind me) and got into line. Then he helped. How nice. Moved my 4 boxes forward on the counter each time we moved up. Sweet. Even better, when got to the point when we could see the registers while we were standing in line, one of the 2 ladies at the desk closed her line. I kind of thought that someone else would come to replace her (it was lunchtime on base, for Christ's sake) but no one did. Just one lonely (yet nice, luckily) lady to help all of us mail our stuff.

Deep breath.

Aah, blogger, you might not be good for uploading photos sometimes, but you are great for venting.

*****
Mere minutes later (yes, I am impatient), blogger allowed me to finish my story and post photos. See below. It was still nice to vent.

1 comment:

Katie said...

What is WITH people? I can't believe no one helped you! I have started using usps.com and printing my own postage (I had to buy a postage scale first)....and then I can just drop it at the post office without standing in line. But, it wouldn't have helped with the carrying and getting in the door! Bummer!

Also, try using photobucket when blogger is being ornery. Then, you just copy the "Tag" html and paste it in your entry. It is sometimes the only way i can get around stupid blogger!