Wednesday, August 16, 2006

organized, focused, emotionally stable planner

According to the similar minds personality test, these words describe me. I am an ESTJ: extroverted, sensing, thinking, judging sort of person. I think that is probably about right. I am an "Administrator", much in touch with the external environment, very responsible, a pillar of strength, 8.7% of the poplulation. How they know that, I don't know. The part that made me give them a lot of credit was the 'favored careers/disfavored careers' section. It says that I would be good at:
  • supervisor
  • financial planner
  • business analyst
  • loan officer

These are all things I have done in the past.

And I would suck at:

  • poet
  • songwriter
  • art therapist (what the hell is that??)
  • art historian
  • travel writer (I think they are wrong about this, but maybe I would just like the travel part)

Thanks again to Katie for the blog idea.

*****

I'm not totally left-brained (this is not a response to your comment, Katie!); I did somehow get some art genes. But I can't imagine doing something artsy for a living, mostly because I'm just not that creative to do it full-time, and that would stress me out.

Here is something I drew in high school:


And something I just finally finished for my sister:

For you ESTJs out there, this was a fun project that only took me 2 1/2 years. Check it out at this website.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Art Therapist. That's hilarious. I definitely don't see you doing that!

Katie said...

Wow! That's awesome. So, you ARE artsy afterall. Very well rounded!

Jen said...

Somewhat artsy. I definitely can't sing, and I'm terrible at music, but other artsy stuff is sometimes fun.

Being an art therapist, however, to me still sounds gay. What is an art therapist? Making people draw out their feelings? And art history - ugh. That sounds awful.

Well-rounded, I doubt it, but thanks!

Heather said...

Boy, there were right on with the careers thing, weren't they. Kind of scary. I personally think that you were an awesome financial planner!! I was sad to hear that you weren't doing it any more.

Andrea and Ben said...

Hey, that painting is pretty cool! I might need to check them out.

Jen said...

I actually bought the painting of my sister through 123art.com, but it seems they have stopped selling these. I hope the link I included is as good. The examples looked good!