Thursday, August 10, 2006

damn. 5 more weeks to wait!

I didn't get an ultrasound yesterday. I did get to hear the heartbeat for the first time, though. My next appointment is after we get back from Seattle, on 12 September. We didn't find out if we were having a boy or a girl with Kate, and I don't know how I waited! I want to know now!

So far the votes are 2:1 in favor of a girl. What. It's like y'all think Tim's a fighter pilot who will only produce girls!

I left Kate with Jessica yesterday while I went to the doctor, and she had fun playing there. She did fall and hit her head I guess, but that was outshined by her split lip that was caused by me tickling her when I went to pick her up. I don't remember if she has ever screamed so loud. Way to go, Mom. I was tickling her and she leaned forward into the table and smacked her lip - it's the first time I've seen blood on my baby. Luckily there wasn't much or I would have felt really bad.

Today is a lunch date to Baggins with Jess & Michele, then hopefully some pool time with Dana and Eric, if it doesn't rain. Dinner tonight is with Jess, Mike, Michele and Sean at La Parilla Suiza. Yum - Mexican food!! I'm just waiting for that craving to hit...

2 comments:

Katie said...

Damn! I was hoping you would find out too! We kept it a secret until the birth, which was fun but also terribly hard! How many weeks are you?

Jen said...

You mean you knew but didn't tell anyone? That would be so hard!

I am 15 1/2 weeks. So at my next appointment I will be 20 weeks and should be plenty far along to find out the gender of the baby!