Monday, July 03, 2006

mt. lemmon

Yesterday we planned to go hiking on Mt. Lemmon, and then have some lunch. But we got up there and were hungry to begin with, so we had lunch first. Lunch lasted about 2 1/2 hours (if you've ever been to the Mt. Lemmon Cafe, you know that this is about standard). Then Kate got cranky (it was, after all, past her naptime, plus she didn't get her own slice of pie), and it started to rain. So, we pretty much just went to Mt. Lemmon to have lunch (and pie), and get soaked.

I have never been up there on a holiday weekend. It was PACKED. I guess we did get a little hike in: the walk to the cafe from the car. We decided next time we would bring lunch in the car and eat on the way up so we could actually walk around on a trail while we are up there. Hopefully we'll get to do that next weekend or the weekend after. It's a great place to hide from Tucson's heat, as it's close by, yet about 20-25 degrees cooler, more if it's raining. Yesterday it was a cool 59 while it was raining. Awesome!







Just give me some pie, people.













Where's my slice?













Look at the rain on the sunroof, Dad!








We also saw X-Men III last night. Eh. It was okay. Not nearly as good as the first two. But it was a night out alone, so that was great!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think if Kate looked at me like she is in that "Just give me some pie" photo....I'd give her anything she wants. And in a hurry.

Great shots

Uncle Bob, now in Wisconsin.

Jen said...

Yeah, she glares with the best of them. Not sure who she got that from... ;-)

Katie said...

Oh no! Tim's going all "Britney"! (Kidding. I know the car isn't moving!)

I love the gimme pie picture!! Would you believe I never went to Mt. Lemmon the whole 4 months we lived there? I'm a loser.

Jen said...

Mt Lemmon is awesome! We really should go more, considering it's so much cooler up there. I still haven't been hiking up there - that is super lame!