Sunday, July 09, 2006

still here, just busy busy

mmm...tortilla chips!

I guess it's been a busy week - I haven't updated for days! We had a nice 4-day weekend last weekend, so we kept busy with...stuff. I'm not even sure what! We did have my sister and her husband over for a bbq on the 4th, and enjoyed the pool throughout the day. The rains didn't start until after the fireworks (which we saw from our backyard). Kate slept through the whole thing.

So the week was a short one. I went to a dinner party with some girls at a local restaurant on Thursday night, and got a flat tire on the way home. I was in Tim's car, it was 9:30pm, I was wearing a dress and heels, there were about 2 streetlights on the whole street I pulled over at, and there was a thunderstorm. How fun. I called Tim and begged for my knight to come rescue me. Oh, and I had the car with the carseat. So Tim had to ask our wonderful neighbor Rae if she could come over and watch Kate while he drove over to fix my flat tire. She left her 3 kids home alone so she could babysit Kate. I spent a good part of Friday afternoon baking cookies for Rae.

We had Jess babysit Kate for us on Friday night so we could go to a Lt Col-select party, and last night we celebrated Tim's birthday by having an awesome steak dinner at McMahon's and then going to the drive-in to see Superman. Kate's had a lot of babysitters lately, but she's doing pretty well with them.

She has her top 2 front teeth coming in, and the bottom 2 are getting bigger every day. She's taking little steps on her own (mostly if you trick her with food, or tempt her with something she's not allowed to touch, like the telephone or the camera). She'll walk a couple of steps before she realizes what she's doing, then drops to her knees so she can crawl.

Here are a few videos we've taken over the past week:

http://media.putfile.com/crawling-with-the-squeaky-duck

http://media.putfile.com/walking-and-shaking-her-head

http://media.putfile.com/2-steps-27

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh MAN. The flat tire thing sounds like a total nightmare!!! I'm glad y'all had a way to work it out!

And, I just can't believe she is walking. Time goes way too fast!

Jen said...

She is now taking about 5 steps on her own! It's crazy. I swear she'll be walking next week.

Anonymous said...

Jen....
How great it was to talk to you the other day! I miss you guys. I have enjoyed reading your blog and getting updated on everything (it seems) that you've been up to. You are so dedicated!