Wednesday, July 19, 2006

and the award for lack of posts goes to...

Me me me! But, I do have an excuse, which I can finally share with y'all: we are expecting a baby at the end of January! Kate is going to be a big sister, and she is so excited about it. She has so much fun with everyone who visits us, and then looks at me forlornly when they leave. "Where did they go, Mama? Bring them back." So next year she will have a new friend to play with.



Grampa's here!


The kids will be 16 months apart, and my due date is 30 January. I had my first OB appointment last week, and because he couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler, I got an ultrasound. I'd post a copy of the photos, but frankly it just looks like a really really tiny alien. I am almost 13 weeks, and am so looking forward to the time when I am not tired. I have been exhausted, and with Kate, I can't nap whenever I want to. That part sucks. But so far so good; I haven't had any morning sickness, and I mostly feel fine except for being a zombie.


Last weekend, my Dad, stepmom, stepsister and her friend all came out to visit for a couple of days. Kate loved it. We went to Colossal Caves on Saturday to excape from the heat, and went to dinner at Rocco's that night. We also celebrated Tim's 37th (gasp) birthday which was last week. It was Kate's first time in a really dark place, and I'm not sure how much she liked it. She did enjoy sipping water out of Tim's water bottle and then spitting it on his arm.

Ana, Jess, Jen, Kate, Tim, Jim & Simone


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you are worse than me at posting on the blog. I haven't done it in weeks. We are on vacation at the ! Congrats on the pregnancy! That is awesome and I am so happy for you guys! Talk to you soon!

Heather

Jen said...

vacation where? I sent you a reply the other day, but it was to your work address...I'll try to send one to your home email. Duh!

Katie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Now the news is out! You can blog about how exhausted you are all the time. I cannot imagine it! I could barely get out of bed the first time!