Tuesday, July 25, 2006

such a big girl

Kate brushed her own teeth for the first time this morning. Then she played in the trash while I was out of the room getting a washcloth to clean up. Mmm. The teeth-brushing part was very cute; mostly she just chewed on the brush, which is what I guess she should do considering she only has 2 teeth.



Now she's wailing because she doesn't want to take a nap: huhhhh, huhhh, mmmaamaaaa, mammaaaaa, sniffle sniffle. I hate to hear that cry (it means there are crocodile tears coming out of those big blue eyes), but I'm pretty sure she's tired. I could be wrong; she did sleep in this morning until 7:30. That is virtually unheard of. So the 8:45 nap had to be postponed. Till what time, I'm not sure....we're trying 9:30. Aah, the crying has ended, 9:30 seems to be good.

2 comments:

Katie said...

ummm...when are you supposed to start brushing their teeth? And do you use toothpaste? I'm scared of teeth.

Jen said...

I just got back from a well-baby check on base. The doc said as soon as they have teeth, you need to brush once a day. I use the Gerber paste for babies - it's fruity and comes with a rubber thimble to put over your finger to brush her teeth. Now I'm just going to use a tooth brush, since she likes to chew on that. The doc seemed happy with that.