Saturday, July 22, 2006

hot, steamy mornings in Tucson AZ



Uff. It's 8:30am and 92 degrees. It's rather humid, too. Yesterday it was 110. Hot hot hot. It does make a dip in the pool feel oh-so-refreshing, though.

I got to have lunch with Elizabeth yesterday, quite accidentally. I was headed to Bookman's to trade in CDs and videos, and went to Beyond Bread afterwards with Kate. I figured I wasn't going to be able to find anyone to go with me at such late notice. So after I finally got a seat (mind you, I have Kate in a stroller, a soda in my hand, am carrying my name placard to let the staff know where to deliver my soup and sandwich, and 2 [two] people who saw me clearly heading to an empty table in the busy restaurant outright raced me [and of course won] to the open tables), I heard 'Jen!' from across the room. Elizabeth (who had a baby girl, Cate Lorraine! 2 1/2 weeks ago) is standing in line, looking all awake and refreshed. She joined me for lunch and we got to talk mom talk and compare baby stories. Cate is adorable; she looks so much like Sam right now, but I am sure she will start showing her Elizabethan beauty soon. Christy also showed up with Jack and Taylor to have lunch with her husband, so it was a regular Dragon reunion in Beyond Bread yesterday.

Jess came over to hang out with me and Kate later, and we swam swam swam. It was 110, afterall.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow. That is a TERRIFIC photo! What is it about pool pictures? They seem to turn out so well. Funny there are two Kate/Cate Lorraines! Did she get the idea from you?

Jen said...

Thank you. The sun, the water, the reflections...it makes you look glamorous, tan and buff! Love it.

Cate Lorraine is actually Catherine Lorraine, after Elizabeth's grandmothers. But I think they'll call her Cate in the long run.