After the third day of a crazy number of contractions within one hour (today's count at lunchtime was 13; they did decrease when I sat down and rested, so I decided against calling my OB. Wise? Probably not), and increasing discomfort, I am dragging Tim to the hospital. Actually, the on call nurse (?) told me to go, after I called and told her the situation. I think her response was something like, "Honey, you just get yourself to labor and delivery now." This was not how I pictured my evening going, but I'm beginning to think I won't make it until my appointment tomorrow morning without severe repercussions.
I'll either be back posting tomorrow on the silliness of all this, or will be posting pictures of a new little baby.