I immediately sat up straighter and my eyes brightened. Earlier? His concern: he will be gone during the window he would really like to induce me (April 4-8), and is thinking that if I don't have the baby before he leaves, I will have it while he's gone. [Thoughts of crazy Dr. Kuni running through my mind here...] His solution: induce me next Friday, April 3rd.
I'm torn! The thought of delivering next week is causing me great excitement and anxiety.
- One less week of being pregnant! Everyone by now is fully aware how much I dislike the last few weeks of pregnancy.
- A planned date and time that I am more likely to make it to; less worrying about going into labor at 2am on Monday, having to call our neighbor at such an ungodly hour.
- Having Sheila here the 2nd week of the baby's birth, which if I remember correctly, can be more challenging than the first week when the baby may (or may not) sleep a lot.
- One less week of maternity pants! I know you're thinking, "Wow, that's a big one, Jen," but I hate maternity pants. This is a serious pro for me.
- One less week of being pregnant! Did I already mention that?
- Sheila won't arrive until April 8th, so we still need to find childcare for the girls.
- Will being induced a week earlier make labor more difficult?
- I'll be 38 weeks, which is full-term, but the baby will have one less week in the womb. Of course, Kate was born at 37 1/2 weeks and was just fine.
In any case, I have an appointment next Tuesday to determine if he will move my induction date forward.