Friday, March 13, 2009

Lost: 2 weeks of pre-baby time

Warning! Pissed off pregnant chick here! Two weeks ago I spent 30 minutes (thirty minutes!) on the phone with Ikea trying to order 3 pieces of furniture. I would have ordered it online, because that is always easier, but their website wouldn't accept my address. Said the zip code didn't match the address or something asinine like that. So I called them up and tried over and over to place the order. Their computer ate my order at least 3 times. Tim was in the other room wondering why I kept trying. The furniture was CUTE, that's why. And it was cheap, compared to other options we had tried. FINALLY the woman gave me a confirmation number and said a delivery company would be calling us to schedule a time to bring the furniture.

Fast forward two weeks to yesterday when I began to doubt that my furniture was coming to Las Vegas. I got online to track my order, but there is no way to do that online. Wha? Is it 2009, or is it just me? So I emailed customer service, and got an email back this morning telling me that I needed to call their 800 number, because they couldn't help me over email, either. OMG. After going round and round on phone tree hell, I finally got connected to a sales person, who abruptly transferred me to someone else when she apparently got confused. I gave the new woman my confirmation number 4 times (the first 3 times resulted in other people's orders: "Uh, no, I'm not John Hornblower in Detroit...") after which she confirmed that my order had been cancelled. Lovely. Back to square one. I have always loved Ikea, but will never order anything online (or on the phone, since my address doesn't exist!) from them again.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Arg! So frustrating!!

Carrie S said...

So sorry! I wish I could just go up to the Ikea north of Cincinnati and pick up what you need and send it to you. So, back to Target instead?