Saturday, March 07, 2009

Paint and contractions

Jessica and I took the girls to the MGM Grand to see the lions yesterday. It was chaos. I will never do that again: the next time we all go downtown, Tim will be with us to help maintain order. Two adults, a three-year old, a two-year old, a 22-mo old, and a 3-mo old...the ratio of adults to children was not nearly high enough, and at the end I was concerned I was going to go into labor at the Rainforest Cafe.

Right after we got to the lions, Lucy decided she needed to eat, so we all hiked over to some tables and set up shop. Then a waitress informed us that we couldn't sit there because some of us were clearly under 21. She mentioned that we could sit on the "wall" near the Rainforest Cafe just around the corner. The wall turned out to be not entirely sit-on-able, so Jess fed Lucy her bottle while standing up. She's talented, and Lucy is a patient baby.

During Lucy's lunch, Kate pretended she could no longer hear a word I said and disobeyed all commands. Claire was not much better, and I had a lot of difficulty trying to be in two places at once and maintain sight of both children. We decided that we needed to just eat lunch at the Rainforest Cafe to save our sanity, and all was well for a short time. Claire and Tempie were very interested in the surroundings, and loved waving at the butterflies and leopards on the walls and in the trees. Kate, not so much. She kept getting out of her chair and wandering around the restaurant. At the end of lunch, I'd had enough and strapped her into the stroller. This caused much shrieking (the kind where all patrons look at you, embarrassed) and yelling by Kate.

Last night I woke up at 1am with a severe abdomen cramp, and began to worry that I was going into labor. It finally subsided about 20 minutes later, and I slept okay the rest of the night. We were supposed to all go to Mandalay Bay's Shark Reef today, but I'm still feeling a little weird, so we're hanging out at home.

Now for the paint:


Kate and Claire's room.


Nursery. I went with 'Treasured Jade' on the accent wall. I LOVE it.


Our room. The wall behind the headboard is a darker shade of brown (Fawn's Leap by Ralph Lauren) than the other walls, but it's sort of hard to tell in pictures.

5 comments:

Carrie S said...

The house looks beautiful - no surprise! Lots of pink things laying in a crib with no side for a baby due so soon w/ an unknown sex :). Still waiting for a response to my questions about who's coming when since I still have no voice and can't call you. So glad you're getting this time with your sister and nieces!

Elizabeth said...

Your post was totally stressing me out (especially because it reminded me of a horrible dining experience I also had at the Rainforest Cafe), until the PAINT COLORS!! LOVE LOVE LOVE x INFINITY! Where did you get those large letters? I love them! And Kate's bedding is fab!

Jen said...

Thanks, Elizabeth! Curious about your dining experience... Letters are from Kohl's, bedspread is from an Osan quilty shop.

April said...

oh my gosh I love the rooms! everything has such a crisp feel to it, I LOVE IT. very sharp. so excited for you. I love the big letters on the wall.

Katie said...

TOTALLY recognize the Osan quilt!!

I LOVE that red bed. Oh my, do I ever love it. All the paint looks AWESOME.

Now, STOP dragging yourself all over and just RELAX! You have to ease the older ones into life spent at home, because once that baby comes you won't feel like dragging all around town. So, I say just start staying home now! :)

The paint all looks great!