Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ups and downs

Today I feel hormonal. Or depressed. I'm not sure which, but I hope that tomorrow will be a happier day.

I am frustrated because:
  • our current living conditions are not ideal. (See also: 600' apartment, with one bedroom, and when our wafer-thin sofa bed is extended, it nearly touches the kitchen table that is already nearly touching the refrigerator.)
  • I have yet been unable to secure us other living arrangements. "What, you can't rent us a nice 2 bedroom furnished unit that has a community pool, and have it ready for us to move into tomorrow next week? Um, yes, we have a cat, and we only want to rent for a few weeks...." (voice trails off in pathetic desperation)
  • it is very hot and we have no pool.
  • our house in Tucson did not appraise. Stinkin' appraisers.
  • the girls are tired of being cooped up inside with their 4 toys.
  • I am tired of housing stuff. Tired of it! It used to amuse me. No more!

Tomorrow will be a better day, surely. And I will likely update you on my jubilance (seriously, blogger, it is spelled right) then.

4 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

Oh Jen,
I am so bummed for you. I hope something works out in the world of housing very soon. I am SHOCKED your house didn't appraise, that seems ridiculous. Really, I am in disbelief.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sweetheart,
Sorry to hear about your appraisal. Hope you can still resolve the issues and proceed with the sale. Hang in there! Even though it's difficult there IS value in the experience and I know you are equal to the tasks at hand. We love you all so very much. p.s. Think of your apartment as a tent and this experience as a camping trip. Tonight, roast marshmallows over a burner on the range :-), oops forgot - it's hot there, well maybe roast marshmallows over a lighter outside :-) :-), hope these thoughts lighten your mood a little. What an adventure. I know there is a house for you somewhere and we are praying for the Lord to make one evident.
Love, Mom

Katie said...

That sounds horrendous!!! I can't believe you are having such a hard time with the housing thing.....just have confidence that one day it will be a distant (and terrible) memory as you are lounging about in your new awesome house.

What do you mean your house did not appraise? Meaning that it isn't worth what you are selling it for? Or what? What happens now?

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the "didn't appraise" part either. I have the same questions that Katie did. However, I also want you to know that we're praying for you all, along with Mom and Dad. Love you!