Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Let the stress begin: NOW

Oh wait. I was already stressed!

We are wilting today (it's 110*). I know it's bad on the east coast, so I hesitate to gripe about the heat, but it's just so hot you can't think about much else. At least that's the way it is for me. Of course, Tim's fini-flight (last A-10 flight here) is this afternoon, landing at 1750 (the exact hottest moment of the day). I'm thinking with my hindsight that it would have been better to have done this yesterday when it was a good 10-15* cooler. Ah, well. Hindsight, right?

I don't know how much blogging I will be doing over the next...3 weeks? Eight weeks? Ever? Tim did buy us a shiny new laptop yesterday, so perhaps we'll be able to use the WiFi at the TLF to keep y'all updated on our housing misery, but I can't say for certain. I do know that the house we bid on the last time we were in Vegas is now in contract with Another Buyer (you're shocked, right?). It seems like it might be kind of shady, this deal (shocked again, I presume). The selling agent is also the buying agent, and our agent is pretty sure our bid was never even submitted to the bank that owns the house, which is pretty shitty considering our bid was in before this contract was accepted. I am beginning to wonder if we are meant to own a home in Las Vegas. Well, time will determine that, I guess.

I do have a kennel/vet thing set up for Starbuck at an exorbitant cost. But he's worth it, right? And I don't know that we have any other choice besides leaving him here with someone who wants him. I think that would be too much for the girls, so we will kennel him.

The movers come tomorrow and finish on Friday. We will be staying with my sister starting tomorrow or Thursday, and will spend the weekend at the Westin La Paloma (specifically, in their pool). Then, if all goes well, we drive to Sin City on Monday.

There are a lot of things I will miss about Tucson. This was our first house, and it's been a good one for the most part. I will look forward to more closet space and a bigger master bath, but it will be sad to leave. Kate and Claire were both born here in Tucson, to the same doctor, at the same hospital. Some of my best friends are here, and the same goes for Kate. It will be hard to explain to them that we aren't coming back here to this house.

I will miss the birds singing in the morning outside my windows, the roadrunners, the quail and their perfect nuclear families. I'll miss the view of the Catalina mountains from my kitchen window and the fruit trees in my backyard. And I'll miss being no more than a 15-minute drive from my sister and her family, especially with her new baby on the way. But we'll be back; I don't know when, but we will visit. Hasta luego, Tucson!

5 comments:

Lucy said...

Good luck with the move. I'll be thinking of you guys! (txflygirl)

Andrea and Ben said...

Bummer I missed the fini. It was too hot and I had too much to do. Hopefully I can swing by and see if you need anything this week.

Deborah said...

We'll miss you guys! Best of luck with your move and settling in. Everything will work out. :)

Katie said...

I almost cried when reading about what you are going to miss! Moving is so bittersweet!

I worked at the Westin La Paloma when we were in Tucson for four months! LOVE THAT PLACE!

Good luck with everything. I can't believe you can't find a freaking HOUSE in Vegas. That is SO WEIRD!!! I hope you find a good one and soon....

Anonymous said...

I didn't know your sister was expecting again! Congrats Auntie! Hang in there; this is hard, but it will be temporary. In the words I hear from Mom (Cheri) very, very often, "This too shall pass!" Love you!