Friday, June 06, 2008

This week's cuteness

  • Claire says she wants 'mas' of something. She does the sign, even, in ASL. I have no idea where she learned it.

"Mas. Pees. Mas!"

  • Kate helped me make pizza last night. She would intermittently sprinkle cheese on the sauce, and then grab some back off to eat. Claire stomped her feet joyfully in time to the beat of the USAF song on the radio.

  • Kate likes "smashmallows". So much so that she stole some from the top of my sweet potatoes the other night. I was getting Claire some milk and I heard Kate say, "I'll eat this one," which piqued my curiosity since I knew she had already eaten all the smashmallows from her plate. Sure enough, she was leaning over my plate, and stuffing one in her mouth. I said, "Hey! You can't steal food from my plate!" So she took it out of her mouth and, with an innocent expression, offered it to me.

  • Claire's favorite expression is, "I got it!" She gleefully yells this as she chases balls down the hall after you throw them. It's a fun, new game of 'fetch'.

  • Claire yells, "MommMEEE!" at various times throughout the day. It makes my heart melt.

  • Kate likes her Daddy's flight green suit.

  • She also likes Yucky Charms. Loves them, actually, but only the 'colorful ones'.

  • Claire uses everything as a phone. This week it was my HP calculator. She called her Daddy on it:

"Hi, Daddy!"

3 comments:

Katie said...

When did Claire turn into a toddler?? It seems like the last pictures I saw were baby...and now KID!!!

I love the cute descriptions of what they're doing!

Deborah said...

Oh my gosh - SO CUTE! Thanks for sharing! Hope to see you guys next week before you leave! :o

Anonymous said...

I agree. When did Claire suddenly grow up and get so big!
Thanks for the phone call today. Too busy and way, way too tired to call, but will check in when we get home. Love you!