Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hurry up and wait / bored / fini pics

I am almost mobile-blogging. I'm sitting on the futon in our boxed-up living room, with the laptop on my, well, lap. And I'm online! I bet if you're 23 and reading this, you're rolling your eyes right now. But I am pretty pleased with myself. Like I had anything to do with it. Er, thanks, Tim!

Pedro is still boxing up our stuff. The movers only sent one person (actually, I think it was his choice; something about more money, likely) to pack us up. I bet he is re-thinking his decision right about now. Our house may only be 1500', but we have it crammed full of stuff.

The kids are doing pretty well with all of this. It's sort of an adventure, or at least that is how we are presenting it. We will even be staying here tonight, boxes and all! Pedro promised to leave our bedding alone, and the movers will be in tomorrow morning to break down all the furniture. We won't even be sleeping on the floor! Tim suggested putting all our unshippable (spell-check is telling me this is not a word. I do not know another to use, though, so am sticking with it) candles in the fireplace and roasting the marshmallows they won't box up. I promise not to make a mess, Devin! ...although with all the in and out and boxes and such, you probably want to hire some carpet cleaners before you move your stuff in...

Today is the last day of school for the girls. It is our last night in our house. It's so foreign. I know we have been working at this whole moving thing for a long time, but it still is weird to think that we won't be here anymore.

Tim's fini-flight was great. We were almost late, but made it just in time (we were walking out to the tarmac just as he was turning to taxi to his spot). Thanks to R2 for telling him to take his time! And thanks to Camille, Rae, Shonda, Erin, and Deborah and their families for coming to see the celebration! It was great having friends there.

I think Kate was impressed by the big plane, but slightly perplexed as to why we were out there in the heat. Then I knelt down next to her and pointed to her Daddy in the cockpit, covered in military green and a helmet with a dark eye shade. Just then, Tim waved at her, and her face lit up. It was so fun to see the recognition on her features, and to watch her wave to her Daddy.

We re-bid on the first house in Vegas. Our new bid is significantly lower than our first one, and is below the asking price. We will see what Paul the wonder-agent has to say about that, probably in 3-4 weeks. Ha.

Now, pics.







6 comments:

Deborah said...

Great pics, you guys! Good luck with the packing - I'm taking notes, by the way, for when it's our turn! Glad we got to see you - Godspeed... :)

Elizabeth said...

I am so sad and happy for you at the same time.

You look amazing in those pictures.

Katie said...

Wait. Is that you? I didn't even recognize you! Your hair is really a cute cut...and it is dark! You look great!

The girls are adorable as well!

I can't believe they only sent one mover. That is the strangest thing I've ever heard!

Andrea and Ben said...

I am so bummed I missed it. I wish I could have been there :0( Glad it all went well. Please be in touch when you come through, though I will hopefully talk to you at some point soon.

Anonymous said...

Glad we got to see pictures! You do look great! Travel safe! Love you!

Anonymous said...

It's Monday. You're probably in LV. Just wanted you to know were thinkin' of you (especially in this heat while you're movin'!). Keepin' my eye on the blog. Can't wait for updates. The pictures are fab :-) Camille