Saturday, June 07, 2008

ACK

Oh Dear God. I am at a loss. The movers come on Wednesday, and we are not even close to being ready.

So, after a day of running errands and fixing f*%^$ pain the the arse house issues, including a painting incident which caused me to stick my newly-coiffed hair in some blue roof paint, we went out to dinner at Cafe Poca Cosa and temporarily forgot about house troubles. Mmm. Mexican food.

The main things I am stressing about currently:

  1. Starbuck. We do not yet have a kennel for him, nor do we have a pet-TLF (temporary living facility) that we can all live in. How do you move a cat from here to there in a car in the desert summer heat? I know it's only a day of driving, but there are stops/desperate attempts to escape/issues of arriving in Vegas before the thus-undetermined kennel closes. Ideas?
  2. Still. No. House. Yes, I am thankful that this house is (hopefully) sold. But we still do not have housing there, besides that TLF! It could take 4-8 more weeks before we have a house to move into. That stresses me out a little Lot.
  3. Our lists of high-value items. And CDs. Not completed.
  4. A fini-flight on Tuesday.
  5. Children who want some iota of attention from me. And who do not want to spend every last moment in Arizona in pre-school.

So. Guess I better get moving on all this stuff. There's packing to be done!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I have NO idea on the cat thing. None at all. Can't you just sneak a cat carrier into the TLF for the first night until you find a kennel? Or, is that impossible. I don't know!!!

I am stressed out for you. Holy crap. God. I hate that packing portion when you have to remember all the important stuff (like paperwork) and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I hope it goes well. I am sending you massive sympathy waves.

Anonymous said...

Check online to see if Vegas has a cat vet. Call the cat vet and see if they have any suggestions on temporary housing for cats and cat transport. I've found cat vets have great info on local cat boarding options (some better than others, this one in Corvallis is awesome). They can be very sympathetic to the "special" issues of cat transport, boarding, and adjustment. Might just try saying "this is my situation, do you have any suggestions?" They may or may not. But, can't hurt to ask.
Niki

Andrea and Ben said...

I cannot believe it is here already. I am so glad your sister lives here so you will have reasons to come back. Hope the move goes smoothly!