Sunday, December 09, 2007

Who knew?

Who knew that
  • a girl could have so many baths in one night, and still not smell quite right?
  • I could wonder if I was going to run out of toddler sheets before morning?
  • doing laundry at 2am was in my future when I sat down for a glass of wine at 9pm?
  • we would have to skip the children's squadron Christmas party with Santa arriving on an A-10, due to Kate having the stomach flu?
  • she would make a miraculous recovery, allowing us to attend the adult's squadron Christmas party last night?
  • it would take us an hour to drive to that Christmas party due to a parade downtown, and then we'd have to park a mile away from the festivities?
  • it would feel like we were Christmas tree shopping in Seattle yesterday, with wind, driving rain, and 42* on the thermometer?
  • my Polar Express pictures would still be in that room with the sleeping (go to sleep, please, Claire!) baby?
  • Kate would still be sleeping at 9:15am?

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh wow. Seems that y'all really went on the Stomach flu express...yuck!!! I hope no one else gets it!!

I'm glad that it was at least a little wintery feeling for you!

Andrea and Ben said...

that bug seems to be haunting your family. I hope she feels better soon! Love the brrrrr :0)

Elizabeth said...

Ugh.

Where was the squadron Christmas party? Downtown Tucson is such a traffic nightmare -- one event shuts the whole things down.

Jen said...

It was at the Stillwell House. Fun, but hard to get to!