Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Holly Jolly, Mommy!

Well, none of us are feeling very holly jolly right now, but this is Kate's new favorite phrase. I have a sneaking suspicion that she believes she'll get to open her Christmas presents now if she says it enough.

I probably should have titled this post "the one where everyone was sick, again", because we are. Still. Sick. We have been sick, at least one of us, since the day after Thanksgiving. For the Love of God, make it stop. Even Tim got some sort of flu, and he's in Vegas.

On the upside, the girls are sleeping in much later than normal (Kate slept until 10:15am the other morning, then took a 3 hour nap that afternoon), for the most part. Claire is now waking up at 5:30am, though, coughing and demanding a meal. Me, I have no appetite, and I have not weighed this little since high school. Now, if I was only hungry for Christmas cookies. Of course, I'd need enough energy to make them first.

I have not sent out Christmas cards, because we are still waiting for our photos. Bad choice, but hopefully they will be worth it. The Christmas tree has lights on it, but no ornaments, and the rest of the house is a disaster that will likely take months to recover from. But I no longer feel flu-like, just cold-like, so that's a good thing. Also, it has been raining for the past several days, and now there is snow on Mt Lemmon. It's beautiful, and it feels more like winter.

5 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

yay snow! I am bummed to hear you are not feeling well. It seems something has been ravaging your house this season. Boo.

Elizabeth said...

You poor thing! And you're all by yourself? Not fair.

I have a hearty appetite and about 15 pounds to spare that I'm willing to donate, if need be.

Jen said...

Thanks, Elizabeth!

Katie said...

I hope this is the END of the sickness! Hey! Did you get your kids flu shots? I'm all conflicted....but I did it anyway...

Jen said...

I did get them flu shots. Didn't seem to help much so far... Then again, it's sort of hard to say. Maybe they would have gotten sick worse if they hadn't had them.