Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A few of her favorite things

Claire

  • finding lint/Christmas tree needles/cat hair/food crumbs on the floor and eating them
  • playing with the glue bug traps scattered around the house
  • playing with the garbage bins
  • wiggling away from me during diaper changes (I totally did not remember this starting so early with Kate)
  • signing to tell me she is all done, and often sign-yelling for milk
  • boogy-ing to all music
  • pulling all the toys out of the toybox and throwing them behind her
  • dropping/throwing food off her highchair tray
  • pulling needles off the Christmas tree
  • eating shoes (she prefers flip-flops, but doesn't discriminate against tennis shoes or loafers)
  • playing in Starbuck's water dish
  • playing peek-a-boo, as the 'peeker'


Kate

  • singing the Backyardigans theme song
  • looking at Christmas lights
  • going to the big red ball store (Target)
  • exclaiming 'Holly Jolly, Mommy!'
  • petting Starbuck gently (I thought this would never happen)
  • trying to pick up Starbuck or Claire
  • removing the bookmarks from my books
  • having tea parties with her Little People
  • being chased
  • going down slides
  • begging for sweets
  • drinking V8 out of a big girl cup
  • picking out her own clothes
  • going to 'Old Mc'Donald's' for a Happy Meal and 'fetch fies!'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad for you and the kids that you're keeping these kinds of notes and writing things down. Mykenzie and I had a wonderful conversation the other day that I need to journal before I forget it. I don't write as much as you, but I'm so glad I have the Tabblo pages to help me remember what I'd otherwise forget, but not want to. You forget so quickly...
Sorry we're so far away. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Love to all!

Andrea and Ben said...

Eating shoes huh? I have to say I wasn't expecting to read that on the list!!

Elizabeth said...

I love how you keep track of all the great things about your kids. I think of Kate now whenever I hear that song, "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas."