Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Secrets to a stress-free morning

One of the best things that can happen is for Tim to be able to take Kate to school in the morning. It seems simple, but it's so so big. I don't have to scramble to time everything just right. Claire can go down for a nap whenever she feels like it. I don't have to drag a crabby baby across town, into daycare and back again, and drive her home as she falls asleep. And! And then I can use my free time for more fun or more productive things. Like having the cable guy come over to tell me that yes, we probably need a new cable box because "that's weird, it's not working". And then I can re-prioritize, knowing that I will lose my cable box in the morning, and sit down and watch last week's CSI: episode that I had recorded. I can drink my coffee in peace, and wait for the steam cleaner to heat up so I can mop the floors. All of this while the house is silent. Aaaah.

After that I can chase McLaren around the house with my camera, trying to capture cute poses and those adorable patent leather shoes.



Ms. Grumpy pants.

The best shot of the shoes so far. In any event, they are Circo from Target. Go buy some, quick before they're gone!


5 comments:

Katie said...

We HAVE those shoes! I love them! Becca loves them! I only let her wear them with dresses, or she'd wear them everyday!

I'm glad you had a stress free morning...although firing up the steam cleaner doesnt' exactly sound relaxing to me.

Andrea and Ben said...

I love the grumpy picture, too cute! Sounds like a nice morning minus the cleaning and the cable guy. We have reset our at least once a month since being here and have given up. We are switching to satellite and ditching the home phone. I despise Cox.

Elizabeth said...

Great, cute pics!

You HAVE to see Catherine's new shoes (she moves too quick for me to get a good shot of her actually wearing them): http://www.pediped.com/Product/ProductInfo.aspx?id=90&cid=25

What is this about being able to mop a floor with steam cleaner? Why didn't anyone tell me?

Must go because Catherine is sticking Santi's snot sucker in MY ear as I type.

Jen said...

Elizabeth - CUTE shoes! I love them. I am so glad to have girls to dress them in adorable clothing items like those.

I love my steam cleaner. Apparently some do not, as mine is only rated 3.5 stars on amazon, but it works fine for me! http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-370A-Enviro-Steamer-Upright-Multi-Steamer/dp/B00005QX43 I got it in Korea for the nastiness that covered your floors there.

Elizabeth said...

Just added to my amazon wish list . . .