Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Oh, crap. Also, cake.

Today is my birthday. I'm 24. Ish. Tim went in early today so he could come home at a reasonable hour and help Kate make a birthday cake for me.



First we add the eggs.


Then we add the butter.

Next we mix it by hand a little bit.
This is so much fun!



Then we lick the spatula.


The cake turned out great; even McLaren got to try a bite. She loved it, of course. She is my daughter.

For my birthday, Tim got me some flight time with my old instructor. Awesome! Also: crap! I haven't flown in almost 2 years. I haven't studied in almost 2 and a half years. My instructor is pretty busy, but she has some time available on Friday. We're doing Thanksgiving on Friday. Long story, but we are. Now you see my dilemma. My medical isn't current, so I can't get my landings in with her and call it good; I've got to fly with her in the plane. But this is also a great opportunity to take family flying...so I'll be keeping you posted. Thank you for the awesome birthday present, Tim! And for keeping me on my toes.



My last flight was in a Great Lakes, February 2006.

3 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

Happy Birthday Jen!!!! What a great gift! It is nice that Tim is such a great husband, otherwise would you put up with the schedules.....Way to go Tim!

Elizabeth said...

Happy 24!!!

On a related note, is everyone in your entire family born within one month of each other? Random.

Jen said...

Elizabeth - nope. My dad and I share November, but that's it for fall. Tim's mom, however, was born on Halloween.