Friday, August 28, 2009

Weight of the world: lifted!

Aaaaah. That's me, exhaling, and feeling slightly giddy with the prospect of the girls both being on the same school schedule starting on Monday. [!!!!!] You guys are awesome. I had myself convinced, before I read the comments, that the Tuesday/Thursday morning classes were the only ones we could possibly do, but lo! Y'all changed my mind. And I thank you for it. You were, of course, right - three days a week is Much Better than two days a week. Now all I need is to find a decent (single!) jogging stroller. And a job to pay for it and the two young children in private pre-school. Seriously. Why are there no mother's-day-out programs in Las Vegas? Anyway, I am smiling for the first time in a week now that I know I don't have to drive to school every single day next week.

Kate was not amused by our decision to go to a teppanyaki restaurant instead of our local sushi bar last weekend. She heard us mention the term "Japanese food" and she was in heaven thinking of all the edamame she and Claire would soon be flinging at each other. Instead, she got a splattering of hot oil on her chest (luckily only a drop or two, but still), and was freaked out by the fiery onion volcano. Next time we'll stick closer to home. At least the girls enjoyed using their chopsticks; Claire is pretty darned good at using them, too.


Luke at nearly 5 months. I can't get enough of this guy.

6 comments:

Katie said...

So glad we could be of assistance....*swirling my wrist around and bowing*

Carrie S said...

You guys are so adventurous with 3 little ones. What great family times and memory making experiences they have with you!

Andrea and Ben said...

look at that coy little smile, I want to squeeze his cheeks!

Colleen said...

I hear you on the mothers-day-out program thing! I actually found one here in Tucson, but of course there is a 5-month waiting list so I have both girls on it now. (They don't take them until they're 15 months, but by the time that 5 months of waiting is over, Anna will be old enough!) The preschool sounds wonderful right about now.

Jen said...

Colleen - are you taking them to the CCUM one? That's where we had the girls - loved it!

Elizabeth said...

Am LOVING THESE PICTURES. And I cannot stop making this same comment, over and over and over.

We would have had to leave the restaurant had Catherine been splashed with a drop or two of hot oil. Or even been threatened with imminent droplets that did not actually touch her. Your children seem much braver and . . . mellower. Why is this?