Monday, August 17, 2009

Days of Our Lives

It's been a lot less soap-opera-esque here than the title suggests, but it's kinda catchy, no?

The weekend was full of peeing on floors, bribery involving M&Ms, painting with acrylics (thanks to Elizabeth for the suggestion), and some swimming.


All my children enjoying some cartoons.

If this kangaroo punches me again, I'll hit him back.

Also, I ran a whole 7.7 miles last week. Sixteen weeks and counting until my first half-marathon.

And, today Claire told me approximately 24 times that she had to pee on the potty. She might actually gain weight from all the M&Ms she's getting. She refuses to poo on the potty, but it's all in good time.

3 comments:

Katie said...

They all have the same mouth expression on the cartoon photo!

Too cute. I am thinking I am not even going to bother potty training Andrew until he's about four. Seriously. Potty training is just the WORST and I feel for you....

Elizabeth said...

LIGHTROOM!!!!!!!!! Love these pictures! You must be having fun! I especially love the one of them watching tv -- I have never noticed before how much Kate and Claire look alike. I think the tone change really brought that out.

In all honesty, I don't think I gave you any suggestions about painting with acrylics. What I think actually happened was that I chose a much more ill-advised art medium (read: oil paint) and other people were like, "why on earth did you use oil paint and not acrylic paint?" I am glad you could learn from my mistakes. And also: the oil paintings are STILL not dry enough to hang on the wall, weeks later.

Jen said...

Thanks, Elizabeth! I am now a true addict. I MUST HAVE this cool software.

I'm trying to remember how to dry oil faster...I think maybe putting the paintings somewhere warm? I know you can "keep" a palette (sp?) for a long time by covering it with plastic wrap (directly on the surface) and putting it in the fridge.