Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Mmmmmmmaa!

This is Claire's first word. I'm counting it, as she says it repeatedly, and I'm certain she is referring to me. She also says 'pppppptttt' a lot, and I'm certain that does not refer to me.

Swim lessons began again Tuesday morning. Kate is finishing up and will probably be done next week, and Claire is in lessons for about 4 weeks, learning how to float on her back and to roll over onto her back. She does not like the lessons much, but is a good sport about them for the most part. I feel just terrible watching her cry and then suck in water, but I know it will be great to have her able to float.

Claire's 6mo well baby check was this morning. The doctor isn't sure what is causing the massive vomiting episodes after she eats solids, so she wants to do an ultrasound on her stomach. Sometimes the opening between the intestine and the stomach becomes too narrow to let solid food pass through. I'll keep you posted on what we find out. For now, her stats:

height: 26.25" (75th percentile)
weight: 17lbs 12oz (75th-90th percentile)

We've been back for several days and the house is a disaster. Dis-as-ter. There is nothing quite like going on vacation for 5 weeks to cause the mess that is my house. I had grand hopes of being totally unpacked, with the floors swept and the bathrooms cleaned by now. Ha. None of those things has happened yet, although I have wonderful delusions that they will come to fruition in the near future. In the meantime:


Unfortunately, my kitchen table is not the only surface that looks like this. Ugh.


3 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

Yay Claire! Sounds like a first word to me :0) I hope all is ok with the little pea. I guess if she were way underweight there would be more concern.

Deborah said...

Welcome back, you guys! And congrats on Claire's first word! :) Hopefully things will work themselves out with her little tummy. Good luck... By the way, your table looks familiar. :)

Elizabeth said...

Are you sure you didn't break into my house and take a picture of my table?