Saturday, June 02, 2007

Kate the Bully

We invited Erika and Reese over tonight for dinner and playtime, and I found out that Kate is a bit of a bully. I think it's because Tim is gone and she is acting out to show her disapproval of his absence, but she was not the nicest kid tonight to her friend Reese. There was some pushing, some grabbing of toys and a lot of hitting. I think Kate is trying to figure out how to 'play' with other kids now (she used to just ignore them and play by herself), and isn't quite sure how it goes. She does know that if someone is playing with one of her toys, she wants to play with it. Right now. Sharing is not yet in her vocabulary. But I suppose that is somewhat normal for toddlers? Please tell me that it is. They did try to make up after dinner, but fell over while hugging and Kate bumped her head pretty good on the tile floor. Now I'm listening to her cough and cry a little while she tries to sleep, and I'm hoping like hell that she's not getting sick. Wait until your Daddy gets home if you really need to get sick! Please, Baby Girl. Please.



McLaren and I got to spend a few quality minutes together while I got her ready for bed. I love changing her out of her clothes because she's ticklish somewhere near her chin, or her neck, or her underarms. I'm not sure where exactly, but when I take her shirt off she giggles and it's so cute. So cute. It makes my day. So after the giggling we just looked at each other, and she grabbed my fingers with her little hands and smiled with her whole face. She has the most beautiful eyes and when she smiles they light up like a sunny day. A while back my sister said that McLaren looks like she's just going to be such a nice person, and she's right. She does look like that.

4 comments:

Katie said...

She certainly looks very nice and sweet in that picture!

Where is Tim? How long will he be gone?

I am sorry that Kate had the "bully" incident, but I really think it is just normal. Toddlers are, by nature, totally self-centered. And, that is why my own toddler drives me CRAZY!@#$%^#

Jen said...

Tim is in Vegas until the end of the week.

I hope it's normal, the way she is acting! I think it must be. That, and I think she is subconsciously upset that Tim is gone. But, who knows, really. She is a toddler.

Andrea and Ben said...

Maclaren looks so happy in every picture and each time I see her. Your sister is right on, she will surely be one of those sweet girls that is nice to everyone :0)

Elizabeth said...

I think Claire looks so much like you!

Coincidentally, the daycare asked me last week whether Catherine was "violent" at home. Apparently she likes to hit people in the face and knock them over, especially the drop-ins. So I'm clearly hoping this is normal behavior.