Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I Think I Know What the Problem Is

Teeth. I can just now see one of Kate's lower eye teeth coming in. I imagine that is what is causing so much grief around here. I hope so, at least, 'cause mama can't take much more of this!


I think we are having a breakthrough on swim lessons, though. Yesterday afternoon we swam and Kate didn't want to get out of the water again. But she also kept wanting to come to me (I'm the evil one who makes her swim to the step, so she usually doesn't want anything to do with me). I believe she might be getting more confident in the water and is now wanting to show me how well she can swim. Also, she didn't cry at lessons this morning until she actually got into the water. This is a big improvement over last week when she would start crying as soon as she saw the house from her car seat.

As for me, I'm still working on the sleep thing. The cat is hereby evicted from sleeping in the house at night. He woke me up at 2am, wanting to go outside. After I had let him out, I noticed that it seemed rather warm inside, so I turned on the swamp cooler (it was 75 and stuffy) and headed back to bed. Probably around 4am I started having dreams about how chilly it was and that I hoped the babies were warm enough. I didn't wake up from these dreams until 5am when I noticed it was freezing (65). So, up again to turn off the cooler and cover up McLaren. Kate was on her own; I know better than to go into her room when she's sleeping. There is a very good chance she will wake up and if she does, well there's no going back to sleep for awhile. After all that, the girls did sleep in until 7am, so that was a nice bonus. Just a few more days until the weekend and Tim will be home to tend to early-rising children! Woohoo!


Okay, time for a quiz. Who is who?




4 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

oooh, I want a prize if I am right....is there a prize ;0)
(top is Maclaren)

Crazy your swamp cooler made it that chilly, I wouldn't have guessed! Your girls are too cute and I love that you can share Kate's clothes. it will make it fun for them to compare pictures when they are older!

Elizabeth said...

Bottom is definitely Kate, but I had to look very carefully. AMAZING!

Katie said...

They do look similar, but it is actually easy to tell them apart! Kate is on the bottom!

I HATE teething. Hate. I think that is part of the current problem in our house, too!

Fabiana, Rafaela e Marcelo Reis said...

uoooaaalll They're very similar and CUTE CUTE CUTE!
kisses for all